Elder Matthew Holmes
8267 Deseret Avenue
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



Sunday, February 27, 2011

Letter from 2.21.11

So this week has been rough. First off it rained the whole week and it was super cold then we had to rush trying to get Joan's baptism ready, and then we went over for our appointment with her on Wednesday. She was very upset with me and was yelling and mad at me. Her husband is cheating on her and she lives alone. He abuses her and its hard 'cause she is from china, so it takes time to teach her to make sure she understands. The time before last we went over the interview questions with her and reviewed the law of chastity. She didn't like that at all! We had to cancel the baptism because she wasn't ready and was mad. I learned that I need to listen to the spirit, and make sure that I feel the spirit when I teach, so that it can do the teaching instead of me. That day we had three lessons! One a 9 year old named Julia. Her mom is a recent convert. I love teaching little kids! They are so teachable. Then we had a lesson with one of our new investigators named Guy. He is a Jehovah’s Witness and he is really nice. We just hope that when he reads the book of Mormon that he feels the spirit. Right now he is just wanting to learn more and not looking to covert. He said that he would think about it, so there is potential.

Saturday Elder Hatley had a baptism up in Cammron Park. I was able to go with him. It is so pretty up there in the hills! It was a great baptism. It made me want to find someone to baptize! While I was up there i got to see some old elders that i served with up in north sac elder jones i love that guy he has been out 8 months and he play the guitar and sang nearer my god it was so good!! That was fun to go to that.

Today we got to find out who our new mission president is his name H. Benson Lewis form Sandy Utah! i am excited to get to meet him serve with him but i am also sad to see Pres Jardine leave he is a awesome mission pres. July 1st is when the new misson pres comes in.

So I loves those pictures you emailed Asher is getting so big and he is so cute!! And i have been getting cute little emails form Judson:) I can’t believe that he will be turning 9 years old!! that reminds i never wish you a happy birthday. Oops! Happy delayed birthday.

The other night we had dinner with this member named Cady Hallanger. Her family is really fun, but i found out that she was on the price is right and she showed us the clip of when she was on. It was so funny. She won a fridge! Everything is going good with the companion. He is awesome. He teaches me a lot i am grateful for him. Thanks for the prayers!! I hope you have a great week!! 202 days!!!

Love ya,

Elder Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment