Elder Matthew Holmes
8267 Deseret Avenue
Fair Oaks, CA 95628



Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Opening June 2010





















What a special day this was! Matt got his call on a Wednesday. It's a cute story because he was headed out to take Judson on to hike the "Y" and thought he'd check the mail, just in case. I had already psyched him out earlier that day, faking that it had come, so when Judson came running back in the house exclaiming, "It's here! It's here!" I assumed he'd sent Judson in to cry wolf in revenge. Matt came running in, face full of glee, "It's here!" I screamed, "NO WAY! I thought you were kidding!" There were hugs and squeals, we were all utterly excited! It was extremely difficult not to rip it open right that moment! Poor Matt had to wait 2 more days till all the family could assemble, but it was worth it to have everyone there. What a great experience! And, what a great example to my 3 little boys, and Chris' 7 future missionaries!


2 comments:

  1. im so glad you got one up and going aim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Judson is standing right there by his side. You can tell he really looks up to his Uncle Matty.

    ReplyDelete